Position: Secondary Science Teacher
Reports to: Principal, Darci Long, firstname.lastname@example.org 989-293-6091
Employed by: Mitten Educational Management
Nature of the Position:
The position is required to teach secondary students (grades 7 -12) various Science courses as
required by the state of Michigan. Candidate should be able to implement and coordinate
instructional programs to ensure that all students meet and exceed the State Core Curriculum
Content Standards for Science.
Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Teach required science curriculum to secondary students on a daily basis for grades 7-
2. Work collaboratively with students, staff, teachers and administration.
3. Effectively communicate with parents on a frequent basis.
4. Maintain classroom discipline and high expectations.
5. Strongly commit to NCA’s vision, mission and core values.
6. Work with staff and administration to properly implement and carry out the Great
Expectations Character Education Program in the classroom and school.
7. Provide a positive, fun, and hands-on learning environment.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Applicants will hold a Bachelor’s Degree and a valid science teaching certificate in the
State of Michigan.
2. Background Check/Fingerprints
3. Excellent oral and written communication and organization.
4. Ability to teach the whole child.
5. Positive interaction with parents, other teachers and school administrators on a regular
Benefits package includes the following: health insurance, 401K, short and long term disability
coverage, dental and vision, life insurance coverage, yearly classroom stipend for supplies, a
healthy living stipend to promote fitness, uniform allowance, and paid vacation days.