Are you committed to the success of all students? Are you interested in building a Physical Education program that is inclusive, creative and engaging for all students? Do you understand the importance of social and emotional learning (SEL) and understand how it impacts student learning? If you answered yes to these questions and are interested in joining a school full of dedicated educators who believe that all students can learn at a high level then please apply to join our staff.
Our Essex Middle School is seeking a new team of full-time Physical Education teachers for their middle school students. Ideal candidates will have experience integrating SEL into the teaching of physical education, believe all students can learn at a high level. believe in the power of professional learning communities and is committed to ensuring that all students learn the importance of life long fitness.
EWSD is committed to considering out of state candidates who are eligible to hold a Vermont educator license but do not yet hold license in this state. Folks with experience working in another country, ability to fluently speak more than one language, peace corp experience and/or other worldly experience are encourage to apply to help contribute to a diversity of thinking and grow our organizational practices.
We are also seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Hold (or be eligible to hold) a valid VT educator license with a Physical Education endorsement. Individuals who hold a corresponding teaching license outside the state of VT shall be considered equally.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience working in professional learning communities (PLC’s)
and will be able to support and grow a professional learning community culture in our school and district. in the content area(s) of instruction and content-area pedagogy.
- Knowledge and/or experience using "backwards design" for lesson development, differentiated instruction to support all students, and formative assessment to provide student feedback and to adjust lesson delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of standards based instruction
- Dedication to providing a safe and respectful learning environment for students
- Excellent teaching, organizational, planning, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills
- Commitment to the success of ALL students, and ability to understand and teach to the various learning styles of students
- The ability to effectively engage students
- Commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of knowledge and professional practice
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the student population being served and how demographic variables impact student achievement, and effectively uses this knowledge to effectively design and delivery instruction.
- Effective integrates transferable skills into the learning environment.
EWSD is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. Successful candidates must be committed to working effectively with diverse community populations and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired. If you are committed to the success of all students but do not meet all qualifications listed above, you are still encouraged to apply.
Our district vision is: "Growing hearts and minds, for a better today and tomorrow: every day, every way, every one."
A copy of the collective bargaining agreement that covers this position can be found at https://www.ewsd.org/domain/196. Insurance benefits can be found under Article 14. Paid leave benefits can be found under Article 12. For column placement on the salary schedule we consider credits earned after the date of your degree (bachelor’s or master’s) in which you received a grade of B or better. For step placement, we grant one step for every year of previous public school teaching experience for the first five years, then one step for every two years of public school teaching experience thereafter. For speciality positions, we also consider directly related industry experience (e.g., private school, college, private business) by granting up to one step for every two years of full-time experience in some cases.
Benjamin Johnson , Assistant Principal
2 Educational Drive
Essex Jct, Vermont 05452