Search for K-12 Education Jobs
176-Middle School Counselor (1.0 FTE) Wy'east Middle School
Hood River County Schools
Middle School Counselor
This vacancy announcement will remain open until filled. The position is a Regular, full time position, beginning with the 2021/22 school year.
Application Process (all materials need to be included in your TalentEd/Recruit & Hire application):
Recruit & Hire electronic application (available at https://hoodriver.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx)
Cover letter addressed to Sarah Braman-Smith, Wy’east Middle School Principal
Three (3) recent letters of reference.
Official college transcripts will be required upon hire.
Job Purpose Statement: The job of "Counselor – Middle School" is done for the purpose of providing information on students’ functioning and recommendations regarding their successful transition to high school; developing plans and/or providing information regarding students’ goals; and securing appropriate placement of students. The duties of this position will be coordinated with our other guidance counselor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advises students, parents and guardians for the purpose of providing information on students’ progress and/or recommendations regarding their successful transition to high school.
- Coordinates with teachers, resource specialists and/or community (e.g. courts, child protective services, etc.) for the purpose of providing requested information, gaining needed information and/or making recommendations.
- Counsels students, parents, and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success in school.
- Monitors student records for the purpose of developing plans and/or providing information regarding students’ goals.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. observations, progress, contacts with parents, teachers, outside professionals, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
- Presents information on various topics (e.g. behavior management, etc.) for the purpose of providing required information and/or advice.
- Maintains consistent and predictable attendance to meet the needs of the students and the expectations of the District.
- Schedules student classes for the purpose of securing appropriate placement and meeting their graduation and college eligibility requirements.
Other Job Functions:
- Administers various proficiency tests for the purpose of assisting in determining student’s placement and/or eligibility for potential course of study.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Participates in various extra curricular school and/or community activities for the purpose of providing supervision and/or representing school at such events.
- Supervises assigned programs (e.g. peer counseling, special education, ESL, etc.) for the purpose of monitoring performance and achieving overall curriculum objectives.
Essential Job Requirements:
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills to communicate effectively, problem solve.
- Knowledge of curriculum, education code, district policies, problem solving methodology.
- Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, maintain and verify completeness of records, meet schedules and deadlines, communicate in English and Spanish with persons of varied cultural and educational backgrounds, communicate in oral and written form. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity/visual accommodation.
- Possess a valid Oregon TSPC Personnel Services – School Counselor License,or the ability to readily obtain prior to the start of the contract;
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic;
- Collaborative and student-focused;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and work well with fellow staff members;
- Bilingual abilities in English/Spanish preferred.
The successful applicant will need to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and nationwide criminal background check.
HOOD RIVER COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact Hood River County School District at 541/387-5016 for additional information or assistance. Speech or hearing impaired persons may contact Hood River County School District for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1-800-735-2900.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |