Driver’s Education Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to give system-wide leadership in Driver Education, and to plan, facilitate,, and assess the activities and operations of the driver education program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all aspects of the driver education program for Forsyth County, including WS/FCS, charter schools, private schools, and home-schooled students of driving age to ensure that state guidelines for students learning to drive are met.
· Coordinates the bid process for selection of private driving schools to serve students in Forsyth County.
· Coordinates with the Department of Motor Vehicles on the supervision of driving schools.
· Facilitates the purchasing, distribution, and maintenance of instructional materials, supplies, and cars.
· Sets up and maintains all classroom schedules for driver education.
· Maintains a data base of driver education students.
· Evaluates the performance of contracted driving schools.
· Communicates and coordinates with high school teaching sites.
· Communicates with all stakeholders and ensures all concerns and issues that arise are dealt with in a professional manner
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of current regulations, rules, laws, and fiscal policy pertaining to driver education.
· Knowledge of and overall understanding of the use of technology in instruction.
· Knowledge of and overall understanding of program development, coordination, supervision, and evaluation.
· Ability to prepare, maintain, and monitor budgets.
· Ability to build cooperative working relationships with vendors, parents, and the public.
· Ability to organize work and submit appropriate reports in a timely manner.
· Must be a self-starter and work effectively under minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
· Desirable: DPI or DMV driver education certification
· Desirable: Three to Five years of experience in driver education
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Valid and up to date Driver’s license. Eligible for or holder of a valid NC teaching certification preferred..
Eligible for or holder of a valid DPI or DMV driver education certification preferred