Spanish Teacher (LHS)
Midland Independent School District
Occupation: Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
Location: Midland, TX – 79701
Positions available: 1
Job #: 4535
Source: Midland Independent School District | SchoolSpring
Job DescriptionJob Description
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for Intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
1. Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
3. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the student groups involved.
5. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods in accordance with district requirements.
6. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher assistant(s) and/or volunteer(s).
7. Employ the use of technologies in the teaching/learning process.
8. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
9. Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
Student Growth and Development
1. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
2. Assume responsibility for duties and/or extra curricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
3. Present for students a positive role model that supports the mission of the school district.
1. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
2. Establish control in the classroom and administer discipline in accordance with board policies and administrative regulations.
3. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
4. Assist before, during, and after the school day in the supervision of students as assigned by the principal.
5. Promote a positive work environment and positive staff morale within the school.
1. Participate with other staff in building a common vision for school improvement.
2. Participate in planning and implementing activities to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
1. Assist in selecting/orienting new instructional staff.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
1. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
1. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
2. Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
3. Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
1. Participate in the district professional development program.
2. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
3. Observe professional and ethical standards in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Texas Education Agency code of ethics.
1. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
2. Assume responsibility for compiling, maintaining, and filing all reports, records, and other documents required.
3. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
1. Perform such other duties as may be assigned or as may be necessary for job effectiveness.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: 1. Be eligible for the appropriate Probationary Certificate through a TEA approved Teacher Certification Program. 2. Knowledge of subjects assigned. 3. General knowledge of curriculum and instruction. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; move throughout the room and/or facility; communicate verbally and electronically; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or crawl; and climb or balance. Regularly required to lift or exert force of up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. EQUIPMENT USED: Computer and printer Telephone Calculator Copy machine WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to maintain emotional control under stress. Occasionally required to travel to facilities within the district. May be required to work after school and weekends.