Integrated Behavior and Educational Support Coach
The Integrated Behavior and Educational Support Coach provides the following: (a) coaching supports aligned to the school wide tiered behavior framework (MTSS), (b) intensive behavioral support to children identified with significant behavioral concerns in the classroom setting; © data collection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identifies school behavioral needs, help schools identify team members to build school capacity within the MTSS framework.
· Provides on-going support for teachers in effective classroom management and behavioral interventions.
· Assists schools with establishing and monitoring school-wide data collection systems.
· Collects data for schools to assist in the problem-solving process (survey results, school-wide walkthroughs, fidelity checks, profiles, ODR’s).
· Provides technical assistance on Core, Supplemental and Intensive intervention data analysis
· Assist with collecting data and assist teaching staff to write and implement FBA/BIP which can include modeling evidence-based practices.
· Participates in IEP Meetings and Manifestation Meetings as requested.
· Trains and implements Nonviolent Crisis Intervention.
· Consults with inter-agencies, community agencies and parents as requested.
· Ensures federal law compliance.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of current research on academic, behavioral, and social-emotional interventions
· Become knowledgeable with district’s and/or school’s policies/procedures (handbooks, SIP, budgets, staff development)
· Knowledge of the Strategic Plan, the Framework for Teaching and Learning, and how they pertain to behavioral intervention strategies, and support services in helping all children succeed
· Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments
· Ability to work independently and to contribute as a team member
· Ability to value diversity
· Ability to analyze data and modify approaches accordingly
· Ability to develop programs to meet the diverse needs of children
· Experience in the classroom/school setting, experience with student with disabilities.
· Experience and training in Core, Supplemental and Intensive levels of support within an MTSS framework.
· Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate intervention plans
· Demonstrated ability to use computers for word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, graphing data, e-mail and internet
· Demonstrated ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
· Demonstrated ability to present information to a group orally and to model skills to a group
Please Apply Directly on Teacher Match:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in content area or education, Special Education is preferred
· Desirable: Master’s Degree in content area or education