Student Information System Training & Support Coordinator
This position ensures high level of data quality inputs and outputs across the Student Information System through the creation and implementation of sound data management and reporting processes. This individual leads the planning, scheduling and delivery of ongoing training for teachers and SIS users. This person will also assist in conducting necessary analysis of data collected and reported.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides training to school and district level Student Information System users as it pertains but not limited to gradebook, attendance recordkeeping, enrollment and within the district.
· Supports Teachers, Administrators and school level users to troubleshoot these issues and provide solutions.
· Plans, schedules and presents material through on-site, lab or multi-media training.
· Communicates technical information to end users in non-technical, clear terms.
· Develops, produces and maintains training schedules.
· Provide training and support for all facets of gradebook setup, utilization and how it integrates with district LMS.
· Provides support for all facets of the current SIS including but not limited to gradebook, enrolling and attendance recordkeeping.
· Records questions during training sessions and researches, documents and communicates answers after training is complete.
· Creates and maintains training materials as necessary for each new procedure or policy that affects changes in how student data such as attendance, grades, and other sources of student data are recorded in the student information system.
· Provides follow-up support and further training assessment to end users
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Up to date knowledge of state training curriculum.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs for developing agendas, spreadsheets, and quick reference documents.
· Knowledge of current Student Information System and reporting tools with a high degree of accuracy.
· Knowledge of state policy School Attendance and Student Accounting Manual.
· Knowledge of Office 365 for email, document sharing and other every changing tasks.
· Ability to maintain professional and service-oriented behavior in the daily workplace.
· Hardware and software troubleshooting skills to resolve issues for end-user.
· Software skill set to produce training documentation.
· Skill in presenting information to adult learners.
· Ability to analyze data and prepare documents that represent data in a clear and concise manner.
· Skill in creating documents and presentations for the purpose of presentations and instruction.
· Ability to communicate effectively using listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and understand organizational goals and objectives.
· Ability to remain self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
· Ability to verbally communicate with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum: Associate’s Degree and two years of experience
· Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in computers, business or other related field
· Minimum: Background in data entry or another similar administrative role