A vacancy exists for a Certified School Nurse within the Office of Early Childhood Services for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. This position will be at the Early Learning Academy in Norristown and will services students in Early Intervention, Head Start, PreK Counts, and Emotional Support programs.
Valid PA certification as a School Nurse.
Experience with 3-5 year old population preferred.
Current police, child abuse and FBI Fingerprint clearances required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain health records for each pupil as well as records of nursing services.
- Identify school health problems and inform faculty, members and professional associates.
- Organize, schedule, and perform regular and special health examinations and screening.
- Dispense prescribed medication when necessary. Provide clean intermittent catheterization when necessary
- Assume responsibility for handling first aid, accidents and illnesses.
- Encourage parents to provide for periodic health examinations of their children by utilizing the services of private physicians, dentists, and clinics.
- Provide for intercommunication between private physicians and private dentists to coordinate their services with the school health services program.
- Serve as a resource person in the health services area to faculty, administration and parents.
- Observe for possible health and safety hazards in the school and its environment.
- Help to formulate the policies and objectives of the school health program.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by the program supervisor
Estimated Work Days and Hours:
Monday-Friday, 7.5 hours per day, 194 days/year
$48,780/yr – $114,158/yr (pro-rated)
How to Apply:
Go to www.mciu.org/jobs to apply (Job ID: 578).